6.13.2009

Glossophilia - From The Angry Black Woman

I like these.

- I think the definition of racism that she gives is so perfectly simple, but says what so many people miss when talking (arguing) about racism.
- I know I have received honorary whiteness from several white friends when I was in middle and high school, and I agree that it is mostly unconscious.
- I like the term cluefulness. I've often struggled to come up with a word to describe white people who seem to understand racial issues much better than their counterparts. I can't bring myself to call it "understanding" because I think that, even in situations where whites may experience discrimination from non-whites, they can never understand the system of advantage that they benefit from, and what it's like to be held down by it.

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: