8.09.2009

N.O.mayoral hopefuls few, far between - NOLA.com

Apparently only 3 people have thrown their hats into the ring for mayor of this fair city. I'm sure that there will be more to come, but right now I like James Perry. I transcribed 2 video interviews of him when he was director of the Greater New Orleans Fair Housing Action Center, and he seemed like an honest person who really wanted to help those who don't have the power to help themselves. I just don't know if he has the money or connections to pull off a winning race. The article notes that voters may be comfortable with someone who has experience in politics, but to me that just means you're more likely to already be corrupt. I wouldn't have voted for Nagin the businessman either, though. People should have known that he was all about the money that he's inevitably slipped into his pocket.

Here's the link to the article:
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-13/1249795388320890.xml&coll=1
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: