12.08.2009

Best Of New Orleans Blog » Blog Archive » Mitch Is Running After All

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't know much about the Landrieu's, but they're a political family so my instinct is to distrust who they're looking out for in the end. It never ceases to amaze me that we as a country love to make fun of how dishonest and untrustworthy politicians are, yet we consistently vote for them - especially if they come from a political dynasty, instead of grassroots guys like James Perry. Also, it seems strange to me that he would want to run a city instead of a state (even just as 2nd in command). This will be my first mayoral election in New Orleans. From what I've read so far, they tend to run along color lines, as many things do in this city. This article says that this announcement will affect the white male candidates (aside from the Republican) the worse, but my thinking is that if some of them step down, there will be too many Black candidates left for there to be a clear cut leader amongst them, which will muck up Perry's chances of winning. Boo.

Best Of New Orleans Blog » Blog Archive » Mitch Is Running After All

Also, WHEN WILL THE RAIN STOP???!!!

No comments: