5.05.2010

New Music Videos from Beyonce and Sade

Beyonce's "Why Don't You Love Me?" is from a bonus track on her last album. I love the song and the video, it's one of few songs that Beyonce's come out with in the past few years that I've been able to relate to. In the past I've tried too hard to be perfect for a guy, only to wonder why he doesn't see how awesome I am. I think the video is cute too, and it made me wonder if Beyonce's problem, acting-wise, is that she's always trying to play the heroine. I suspect that, despite the fact that she seems like a very nice person in real life, she'd probably be very good at playing a tortured, bitchy diva.


"Why Don't You Love Me" - Beyoncé from Beyoncé on Vimeo.

"Babyfather" by Sade, actually made me tear up a little while I was watching it at work yesterday during lunch. I think it was the lyric, "Your daddy's love comes with a lifetime guarantee". I've always thought that I was okay not having a father my whole life, but every now and then something will remind of what I've missed. The video is gorgeous, though, and Sade is the most beautiful woman in music.



H/T to Soul Culture for the videos.

No comments: