1.21.2011

New Year's Resolutions: 2011 Edition

I'm late.  I actually wrote most of these in late December, but ... kind of forgot to post them.  I've got so many ideas in my head about how this year should go, it's hard for me to focus on the present!  Last year I predicted good things for 2010, and while at the time I was thinking more about things actually happening, looking back I see that 2010 was about getting myself into the right mindset to bust out in 2011 and become the person that I want to be. Resolutions?

1.  By May (my birthday month), I will be down to my ideal weight (120-130lbs, depending on how I look - I don't think that super skinny is attractive.  If 130lbs looks great, then that's what I'm sticking with.)

2.  More traveling.  I want to go to Chicago sometime in the spring, and Toronto in September for the film festival.

3.  Working for myself.  While I like my job, I’m tired of having a boss, and would really like to work for myself (partly because I’ll have no one to blame but myself if I don’t listen to me).  By the end of summer, I’d like to have myself set up to go down to working part time at my current job.

4. Gotdamnit, I need my license!  By the end of April, but hopefully sooner.  Then I can start saving up to get a cute little scooter.

Might be the best picture I've ever taken.
5. I won free headshots recently, and had them taken last week.  After the headshots, come the acting classes.  Durin/after the acting classes, comes the agent.  And that opens up a whole new world for me in film.  I want to have an agent by the end of summer.

6. Once I get a vehicle, I want to start going out at least once a week.  And by going out I don’t mean going to a market or festival, I mean like looking cute and going somewhere at night and flirting with the men folk.

7. I’ve got to post more here.  I’ve got to get all of the fiction in my head into a Word Doc.  I’ve got to write more in general.

This is the year that’s supposed to change my life, but I’ve got to make it happen.  This year feels like the beginning of an adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your pic! Now, I have a face to go with the blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I've never felt so lucky as I did when I won these headshots.