11.28.2011

Oh, hi there!

So...it's been a while.  About two in a half months, in fact.  My posting had been waning for a while, but I don't think it's for lack of interest, but rather lack of time and motivation.  I think about stuff to post here all of the time, but instead of writing these ideas down I let them rotate in my head over and over again until I'm tired of them and push them out of my head, still unresolved.  I've also been experiencing varying levels of depression over the past few months, which is sort of an annoying situation.  I find my mood happier when I write regularly, but being depressed keeps me from writing.

I've also been distracted by other social media formats.  I joined Tumblr a few months ago, and like the microblogging format, although I do a lot more reblogging then I do original posting.  I also joined Twitter maybe a month ago (see left sidebar), and I'm G+ing (also see left sidebar.  I don't know why it says that no one is following me - I have more people following me on G+ then I do friends on Facebook!).  I've been trying to figure out how to juggle all of these social media outlets, and doing a shitty job at all of them.  I've decided that I'm going to break it down like this:

Blogger - this baby.  I've disconnected the feed to my Facebook wall.  I want this blog to go back to being my personal blog, like a public diary, a place for me to spill all of the random debates and conversations that float through my brain with no outlet (because I only have a couple of friends).  I found myself more cautious about what I wrote once my posts were going to Facebook, and I still think I had a few unfriends because of it (oh well).  My longer posts are going to go here, the stuff that involves forming my thoughts and future beliefs on complicated subjects.  And stuff about New Orleans that doesn't fit into 140 characters, because I'm not impressed with the New Orleans showing on Tumblr.  I like that both friends and people who I've never met in person read this, but I really like that the readers I haven't met in person are actually people who I would like to meet someday, and I hope to keep it that way.

Tumblr & Twitter - My tumblog feeds into my Twitter account, so both will be about the short spurts from my brain - "Movies I'm Looking Forward To" will move to Tumblr, anything about music, entertainment, etc.  Basically, stuff meant for random people to discover via hashtags, retweets/reblogs, etc.  I guess these will contain the parts of me that I'm willing to share with a broad group of people, many of whom I may never want to meet outside of the internets.

Google + - I think a lot of people are trying to figure out what to do with google plus.  I think it's a little more ... grown up than Facebook, but that could be because most of my Facebook friends are people who I know from college and elementary/middle/high school classmates who hunted me down.  I wasn't grown then, and I know I'm a lot different then I was even 4.5 years ago in college, so I'm moving a lot of the political/racial/social issue comments to G+, especially since most of my G+ people are listeners of Blacking It Up!, which is all about those topics and the best podcast EVER IN LIFE.

Facebook - Fuck Facebook.  But seriously, I only use Facebook to interact with people who only interact via Facebook.  It's so unimportant to me that I'm not even going to link to it (but feel free to friend me!).  If there is ever a time when most of my friends are connected to me through some other (any other?) social media outlet, I WILL SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN.  No seriously, fuck Facebook.  I do like their events mechanism, though.  My tweets are going there so people know I'm still alive.

So, there's that.  I find that I'm better at doing things when I organize them into very neat piles.

Another thing that I'm doing?  Re-arranging my body clock.

So, for as long as I can remember whenever I have had the opportunity to go to bed and wake up at whatever time I wanted, I have gone to bed between 4 - 6am, and woken up between 12 - 2pm.  Obviously, I've had to force that inclination to fit my job, which means that I wake up at 7am and go to bed ... well, that's the problem.  I should go to bed at 10 or 11pm, but it' really really hard because my body wants to stay up until at least 2am.  As I write these words, it's 4:54am.  I'm tired of this.  But I can't really do what my body wants, which is to rule the night, so I'm going to try to force a compromise.

I'm going to sleep from between 7 - 9pm to 2 - 4am.  The time that I have between wakey wakey and 5:30am will be for reading, writing, and catching up on my DVR.  At 5:30am, I'll go jogging for about an hour and a half, then come back home to shower and get ready for work.  Work is from 8am to 4pm.  At 4, I'll go straight from work to the gym three times a week (the non-gym days will be for errands, or social stuff).  I'll be done by 5 or 5:30pm on gym days, and then I'll do whatever the hell I want until bedtime, which will vary depending on if there is some sort of event that I want to go to.  I don't do a lot of night events, though that may change since I'm getting a scooter very soon (Guys!  I'm not posting about it until it's in the driveway!).

I do have to consider my stomach issues.  I've managed, over the past year, to gain control over IBS by eating very small dinners (either a snack like peanut butter and honey at home, or an appetizer or soup at restaurants).  My main big meal is lunch now.  The only time I have an upset stomach is occasionally when I'm on my period, but my body is haywire anyway for those five days.  I'm thinking my eating schedule will be like this:

Breakfast = about an hour after waking up.  Toast + tea is the easiest thing for a sensitive stomach.
After the morning jog = fruit
work snack (around 9am) = oatmeal, quiche, bagel, something like that that I can make or heat up quick at work.
lunch (around 11am) = smaller.  This is forcing me to give up big meals, which I should have already done anyway.  I'm going to start making recipes again, so lunch will vary, but the portions will be much smaller.
work snack (around 2pm) = I've fallen in love with trail mix.  or more fruit.
dinner (around 4:30ish or 5:30ish pm) = something safe on the tummy, like peanut butter and honey, pumpkin bread, etc.

I'm doing it like this because not only does this fit my 8 - 4 job better, but also if I'm successful at breaking into acting this coming year, I'm going to have to deal with a weird schedule like this anyway.  Nothing that I want to do with my future involves working these 9 to 5-like jobs anymore past the next 8 months, so I need to get my body used to this now.  I'll see how the trial period (the next two weeks) goes, and take it from there.

Whelp, I'm done for now.  This is going to be a long day, since I haven't slept since 1pm on Sunday, but it'll make it very easy for me to go to sleep at 7pm today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new look! Glad to see you back around these parts. I've been trying to stay away from twitter but *sigh* I started an account.
I hate facebook as well.