8.20.2009

News Briefs: New Orleans Economy, Something Useful from the Road Home, Changing Kilograms

Here's an article from CNN about the recovery with regards to the economic crisis.

Homeowners can apply for more Road Home aid and an extension on their 3 year rebuilding deadline. This is great news, but I could go on and on about the awful stories that I've heard from residents trying to get their initial payment from the Road Home.

This story is of the kilogram. Is it just me, or does this sound completely fucking stupid? So if I were a scientist, I could look at this beaded rhinoceros sitting in front of me on my kitchen table, claim it as a new standard of weight measurement, the rhinogram, and people would just start using it and basing the weight of objects on the rhinogram? Also, where did it come from? I'm thinking aliens...

No comments: