10.10.2009

October Events in New Orleans

Well, I'm 10 days late, but the month is just warming up! I don't remember October being so chock full of events for the last two years, but my weekends and weekdays on my calender are filling up fast.


October 8th - October 15thNew Orleans Film Festival

October 10th, 11am to 4pm:  Broad Flea at 300 N. Broad St.  Check out the flier to the left.

October 10th and 11thGentillyFest and the African Heritage Celebration in Algiers.

October 12thOne Book, One New Orleans Garden District Potluck

October 16thConcerts in the Courtyard.

October 17thBywater Art Market

October 17thLouisiana Book Fair

October 17th and 18th Crescent City Blues and BBQ Festival

October 23rd and 24thMarkrois' Schizophrenic.

October 23rd - October 26th:  As I mentioned before, PNOLA will be the beneficiary of the proceeds from the Vampire Film Festival.

October 24thMagazine Street Blues Festival

Recurring Events for October:
Harvest the Music raises money for the Second Harvest Food Bank for Greater New Orleans.  It's occurring every Thursday through October 29th from 5pm to 7:30pm.  The event itself is FREE.

Whew!  I think that's everything.  If not, I'll be updating this list.

No comments: