4.03.2012

Once Again...

Yikes!  I have been a terrible blogger this past year.  I'm not sure why - I've had many thoughts that I wanted to write down over the past year, but I could never get myself to do it.  Perhaps I sunk into an even deeper level of hell/depression?  It's always easier for me to see it in hindsight.

But I find myself having a lot of free time coming up - my last day at my job was on Friday.  I should have severance coming so I can't really get into the specifics, but I'm not exactly upset about it and I'm looking at this year to be the start of my future, wherever it takes me.  My goal is to get a part-time job while I work on writing - I started my first script a couple of weeks ago!  I also want to leave my schedule open for any acting opportunities that pop up, and eventually go from working part-time for someone else to doing web design on my own for clients, so I can completely have control over my available time.

I can safely say that I am much happier unemployed than I would be if I were still at that job, and that means everything to me right now.  I think that this might have then shove that I needed - gotta take risks to succeed in writing and acting.

Until tomorrow,

D

3 comments:

bawdy_bookworm said...

Hey you! I'm so sorry to hear about the job but it sounds like you're taking it all in stride. I wish nothing but good things and exciting new opportunities for you this year! Hope to see you soon...

Kristy

Tierra said...

Hooray to a blog post! And hooray to (loving) breaks between jobs!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the well wishes and hoorays!